Hi, friends and fam. Today, we’re keeping it simple with this delicious and super moist chocolate chip banana bread recipe. Before we dive in, what an incredible week in history we witnessed. It has been a long time coming and like you, I felt a big sigh of relief and excitement for what lies ahead. We are all on the path to healthier, happier, safer, and better times. I can’t wait for what lies ahead. Also, wasn’t Amanda Gorman breathtaking? We stand a queen.
This recipe has been made dozens (and dozens) of times and it certainly pleases us every single time we make it. My fav uncle in NYC (love you!!) made this for me frequently when I stayed with them during my summer internships. I remember being so excited to come home to this homemade treat after a long day. This recipe holds many fond memories close to my heart (and stomach) and I hope it becomes a staple for you and yours! It uses nine ingredients already in your pantry, so you can make it on a whim when you feel like a sweet treat. 😋
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (You can sub this 1:1 for gluten-free flour!)
- 1 Teaspoon Fine Salt (I love using iodized salt)
- 2 Large Organic Eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Extremely Ripe Bananas (Peeled and then mashed with a fork)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (Mixing different kinds is my fav way – try half semi-sweet and half dark chocolate)
- Sift the baking soda, flour, and salt into a medium bowl. Give it a quick whisk to mix and set aside.
- Whisk together the vanilla and eggs in a small bowl (best if it has a spout!) and set aside.
- Lightly coat your pan with butter or use a bake-safe liner like parchment paper.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the sugar and butter with a rubber spatula until light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the butter/sugar and stir until incorporated.
- Add the bananas into the mixture – don’t worry, it will look lumpy, but it is perfect!
- Mix in the flour combination until it’s just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (mmmm) and be sure to not over stir.
- Pour the batter into an 8×8 inch pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350℉ or until a toothpick comes out clean. Given different oven temps and altitudes, I would always try it under the allotted time and test in five-minute increments to make sure it isn’t overdone.
- Leave the bread in the pan to slightly cool before transferring to a wire rack.
This recipe can easily be frozen and savored at another time. Tip: it saves best if you wrap it in beeswax paper and place it in a freezer-safe bag. This chocolate chip banana bread recipe also makes the perfect road-trip snack. One of my besties and I enjoyed it on our quarantined journeys this past summer and it was always the yummiest pick-me-up.
My mama and I made three batches of this super moist chocolate chip banana bread today, and I will be nibbling on it all week! I hope you have a rejuvenating week ahead and enjoy a bite of this delicious (and easy!) recipe.