Say I ADORE YOU with these homemade Valentine’s Day sugar cookies! These thoughtful sweet treats will make the perfect gift for your heartthrob to feel the luvvv (even from a distance) this holiday.
Not only is this recipe SO easy, but it is SO delicious. Trust me when I say these will soon become a staple in your recipe list. My fam and I make a double batch every Christmas Eve and all of the cookies ~vanish~ within days.
I don’t know by who hehehe…. (it is absolutely me)
The recipe makes about four dozen cookies, but it can easily be doubled or tripled for how many cookies you want!
- 3/4 cup butter (1.5 sticks) room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla
- Blend together salt, flour, and baking powder
- Mix flour and butter mixtures together. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour
- Roll out about a quarter of the batter at a time and cut out the cookies. Leave the remaining dough in the fridge while working on each batch
- Bake for 4-6 minutes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch vanilla extract (if desired)
- A dash of milk
- Cute lil food dye colors
- Mix together until it is the right consistency to your liking. Truly, just a little dash of milk goes a LONG way here. For icing manageability, I’ve found a little bit thicker works best!
This Valentine’s Day (and every day LBH) I took inspiration from the lovey Mr. Styles. How could you not say I adore you when you receive these cookies?! I know I would have a smile from ear to ear. Gifts don’t need to be about material items and these make the perfect present to bake your way into the heart of your loved one.
I hope this year brings you love, warmth, kindness, and joy. Let me know who you would want to share these homemade Valentine’s Day sugar cookies with in the comments. All answers are welcomed….get creative!
All the love! xx
Psst…if you understand Eroda & TPWK…please let me know….because we need to be friends ASAP 💫