Hey love! Dry winter skin is real. Regardless of if you are basking in the glorious warmth on the West Coast or bundled up on the East Coast, taking care of your skin from the outside in is a must. This two-ingredient DIY coffee scrub with coconut oil couldn’t be easier to make, and it will quickly become your new exfoliator of choice.
Here are reasons why you will love it:
- It’s cheaper to make this scrub at home than purchase one at the store
- In less than five minutes you can have a giant batch that will last ya all winter
- You likely already have the ingredients at home (and you will be using your food scraps instead of it going to waste!)
- You are helping the environment by saving another plastic item from ending up in the landfill
- Speaking of recycling, did you know you can get rewarded for bringing back your hard-to-recycle skincare and beauty products? Yes!! Here’s a whole post to help you find a location and option that’s beneficial for you.
This DIY coffee scrub with coconut oil is a game-changer. Like many of you, my winter skin can lead to tiny little bumps that are a tell-tale sign of dry skin that needs nourishment. (Ladies, why are our legs magnets for this?!) Use this scrub in the shower and your skin will truly start improving after the first time that you exfoliate with it. I bring a little jar of it with me everywhere I go!
What ya need! Yup, only two ingredients!
P.S. You can scale down the recipe depending on how much you have available.
- One Glass Jar
- One about the size of a jam jar works perfectly for keeping it handy and out of the way in your shower
- Coffee Grounds – 1 cup
- Okay, pro tip here – use these espresso grounds. They are super fine and do wonders for exfoliation!
- Coconut Oil (please reach for a jar from a company that cares about sustainable/regenerative ag. practices) – 1/2 cup
To create the scrub, mix the coffee grounds and coconut oil together in a glass jar. Test the consistency to be sure it’s to your liking. Add more coconut oil for a thinner consistency and additional coffee grounds for a thicker paste-like scrub.
Once it’s done, bring the finished product to your shower and get ready for smooth skin. When you normally would exfoliate, turn off the water (hello, we are eco-friendly here) and take a quarter-sized amount in your palms. Pro-tip, I keep a little spoon in my jar that I use to easily scoop it out, but your hands work perfectly.
Start from your feet and work your way upwards, being sure to apply in circular like motions towards the heart. Continue to grab more of the scrub as you need! After you’re covered, turn back on the water and watch the delicious-smelling coffee scrub rinse away.
You will genuinely immediately feel how soft and smooth your skin is. *Be sure to rinse your tub/shower after use as it can get a tad bit slippery*
That’s it! Lather, rinse and repeat, friends.
After you’re out of the shower, don’t forget to lather your skin in a ~clean~ moisturizer. This is super important to keep your healthy skin on the up and up. For my nightly face moisturizer, I seriously love Therapi Honey Skincare’s Ultra Radiance Cream – it is a thick nourishing cream and it truly will leave your face GLOWING. Literally. Glowing. It helps to plump your skin and boosts collagen. It is definitely worth the investment and will become a repeat purchase – trust and believe.
Let me know how you are taking care of your dry winter skin, and what your fav part about creating this DIY coffee scrub with coconut oil at home was!
Leave a Reply